Winter Weather Related Links and Resources
CDC Web Sites
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) - Cold Stress
Outdoor action guide to hypothermia and cold-weather injuries.
External Web Sites
- National Ag Safety Database: Winter Storm Preparedness & Response
Safety tips for home and travel from the University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension, Federal Emergency Management Agency, and Wisconsin Division of Emergency Government.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Winter Storm Tips
Information on how to dress children to avoid frostbite, and hypothermia.
- Red Cross: Winter Storm
Information on how to prepare a winter storm plan, assemble a supply kit, and what to do after the storm.
- US Department of Agriculture: Keeping Food Safe During an Emergency
Food safety guidance from U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety & Inspection Service.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency: Winter Storms and Extreme Cold
Winter weather preparedness tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: Tips to Protect Workers in Cold Environments
Information for workers from the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration.
- National Weather Service: Winter Weather Safety and Awareness
Learn how to be safe in winter weather with tips from the National Weather Service.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: National Weather Service Wind Chill Chart
Information about the U.S. wind chill chart and answers to frequently asked questions.
Disclaimer: Links to other federal and nonfederal organizations found at this site are provided solely as a service to our users. These links do not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their programs by CDC, and none should be inferred. CDC is not responsible for the content of the individual organization Web pages found at these links.
- Page last reviewed: January 27, 2014
- Page last updated: January 27, 2014
- Content source:
- Maintained By: