CDC Presentations from First National Congress on Public Health Readiness
Below are selected presentations from CDC speakers at the 1st National Congress on Public Health Readiness held July 20-22, 2004. Additional presentations will be posted on the AMA site within the coming weeks.
The goals of this conference were to:
- Strengthen linkages between health care and public health leaders to enhance preparedness.
- Share experiences that demonstrate successful community readiness for terrorism, successful response to naturally-occurring health threats, and successful interventions addressing critical healthcare and public health challenges.
- Develop and strengthen working relationships within the public health system including national, state, and local public health agencies; public health, medical and healthcare organizations and associations; and the academic community.
- Review new scientific advancements, identify controversies, and recommend action steps to face the threats and challenges of the 21st century.
Dr. Julie Gerberding
|View Now [PPT - 10 MB]||Read Now [PDF - 86 KB]|
Dr. John C. Nelson
|NA||Read Now [PDF - 41 KB]|
|View Now [PPT - 10 MB]||NA|
- Page last reviewed: July 30, 2004
- Page last updated: October 7, 2014
- Content source:
- Maintained By: