Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
- COCA Call: September 29, 2022: What Clinicians Need to Know about Dengue in the United States
- COCA Call: September 20, 2022: Evaluating and Supporting Patients Presenting with Cardiovascular Symptoms Following COVID
- COCA Now: September 19, 2022: Recommendations to Prevent Occupationally-acquired Monkeypox Infection in Healthcare Personnel
- COCA Call: September, 15, 2022: 2022–2023 Recommendations for Influenza Prevention and Treatment in Children: An Update for Pediatric Providers
- COCA Call: September 13, 2022: Recommendations for Bivalent COVID-19 Booster Doses in People Ages 12 Years and Older
- COCA Call: September 8, 2022: 2022-2023 Influenza Vaccination Recommendations and Guidance on Coadministration with COVID-19 Vaccines
- COCA Call: September 1, 2022: Polio in New York: How to Recognize and Report Polio, and Reinforce Routine Childhood Polio Vaccination
- COCA Now: August 30, 2022: Clinical Considerations for Dengue Virus Infection
- COCA Call: August 11, 2022: CDC and FDA Update: Interim Clinical Considerations for Monkeypox Vaccination
- COCA Now: August 10, 2022: FDA Authorizes Emergency Use of Monkeypox JYNNEOS Vaccine
- COCA Call: July 28, 2022: Recommendations for the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Primary Series in Adults Ages 18 Years and Older
- COCA Now: July 27, 2022: Clinical Considerations for Monkeypox in Children and Adolescents
- COCA Call: July 26, 2022: Monkeypox Outbreak: Updates on the Epidemiology, Testing, Treatment, and Vaccination
- COCA Now: July 19, 2022: Steps for Clinicians to Order Medication to Treat Monkeypox
- COCA Now: July 18, 2022: Sonic Healthcare USA Begins Monkeypox Testing, Increasing Nationwide Testing Capacity
- COCA Now: July 14, 2022: Quest Diagnostics Begins Monkeypox Testing, Increasing Nationwide Testing Capacity
- COCA Now: July 14, 2022: Aegis Sciences Begins Monkeypox Testing
- COCA Now: July 12, 2022: Mayo Clinic Laboratories Begins Monkeypox Testing
- COCA Now: July 6, 2022: Labcorp Begins Monkeypox Testing Today, Doubling Nationwide Testing Capacity
- COCA Now: July 5, 2022: CDC Recommends Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (Spikevax) for Children and Adolescents Ages 6 through 17 Years
- COCA Call: June 29, 2022: Monkeypox: Updates about Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment
- COCA Call: June 22, 2022: Recommendations for Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Primary Series in Children 6 Months through 5 Years Old
- COCA Call: June 16, 2022: What Clinicians Need to Know About Available Therapeutic Options for COVID-19
- COCA Call: May 24, 2022: What Clinicians Need to Know about Monkeypox in the United States and Other Countries
- COCA Call: May 19, 2022: Clinical Recommendations for Adenovirus Testing and Reporting of Children with Acute Hepatitis of Unknown Etiology
- COCA Call: May 5, 2022: Evaluating and Supporting Patients Presenting with Cognitive Symptoms Following COVID
- COCA Now: April 4, 2022: New COVID-19 Test to Treat Initiative and Locator Tool
- COCA Now: March 25, 2022: New CDC COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation (Q&I) Calculator
- COCA Now: February 24, 2022: Updated List of High-Risk Medical Conditions for Severe COVID-19 Outcomes
- COCA Call: February 24, 2022: Updated Guidance for Clinicians on COVID-19 Vaccines
- COCA Call: February 10, 2022: COVID-19 Updates: What Clinicians Need to Know About Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children
- COCA Now: February 01, 2022: Ivermectin Products are Not Approved by FDA to Prevent or Treat COVID-19
- COCA Now: January 31, 2022: How to Talk with Parents and Caregivers about COVID-19 Vaccination
- COCA Call: January 13, 2022: Updates to CDC’s COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Guidelines in Healthcare and Non-healthcare Settings
- COCA Call: January 12, 2022: What Clinicians Need to Know About the New Oral Antiviral Medications for COVID-19
Learn about emergency preparedness and response activities and current public health threats.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
Get new & updated guidance on natural disasters, infectious diseases, and other public health hazards.
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
CDC’s Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X) is a secure, web-based network that serves as a powerful information exchange. It connects public health professionals involved in identifying, investigating, and responding to public health threats.